I believe the best leadership is servant leadership and when you lead by example. I strive for this sort of leadership and life.
I have a long way to go.
Some points from John Maxwell about intentionally living with a bit of my personal take aways / flavor tossed into the mix.
1. Expect more from yourself than others expect from you. Don't under promise and over deliver, just understand what the expectation is and over deliver.
2. Refuse to live off of past successes. You can't live off of yesterday and get better today. You're only as good as you are consistently good.
3. Don't rely on relationships to make up for your shortcomings.
4. Respect must be earned daily. Honor the past, but respect today.
5. Ask feedback questions, be specific and do it often without emotion until it's normal and people trust there aren't reproductions other than consistent improvement.
6. Always choose the high road, treat people better than they treat you. It's ok that it's not "fair".
7. Don't use excuses, you always have a choice. If you mess up, fess up, learn, move on. Remove can't from your vocabulary, there is a choice.
8. Give your 100% at key times during the day, focus on your strengths and key interactions with people. 100% is unsustainable, so choose to use your energy when and how you'll make the biggest impact.
9. Because you value other people, exceed expectations. Always look for ways to add value to others and encourage all those around you.